Thursday, February 19, 2009

Take it or leave it, just don't complain

We have a candy dish in our office which we try to keep full. I usually buy the candy and try to get a variety. Students are always popping in to take one. Usually its a positive experience and we love to see how one little bite-sized laffy-taffy can brighten a student's day. In the last couple of weeks, though, I noticed this one student coming in very regularly. He usually takes a bunch of candy. He's not one of our majors, so we don't really know him, but haven't really minded him coming and making a pig out of himself until today.

He breezes in and paws through the bowl.
"Don't you have any good candy? This is all gross"

Excuse me? We don't even know you, and you are complaining about free goodies?

I think we may have to just stock the "gross" candy for a while until he gets out of the habit of coming in.

3 comments:

Becca said...

I would buy the worst penny candy and put it out until this loser takes the hint. How rude! Sounds like he was raised with no manners!

Lisa said...

That's hilarious! Just make sure you keep a secret stash of the good stuff for when I come!

Unknown said...

I have exlax laced brownies ;-)