Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Highs and Lows

This day was a roller coaster of emotions. This morning I was able to see, hug, and visit with one of my very best friends from high school. What an awesome thing it is to meet up with old friends. I gave her my blog address, so if you're reading this, Barb, I'm happy we reconnected.

I've seen her maybe 4 or 5 times since we both got married. I haven't communicated with her for the last 10 or 12 years. Then a few weeks ago I found her on facebook. I found out she was coming to town on Tuesday and today we caught up a little. I hope we stay in touch this time.

Then:
This afternoon I went to class. We had a substitute. That is not a good thing. Not that the substitute isn't great, he is. It's because our regular teacher is back in Salt Lake City in the hospital he received his liver transplant in last May. Things are kind of scary right now. He's having surgery tomorrow. I hope everything goes okay. Not only would I really be sad about him not coming back to teach us, but he is my friend and an awesome gentle person. I'm worried about him and his family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Prayers are sent. Hi Barb. Nice to meet you!

Anonymous said...

Big hugs and prayers all around. I like your new "home".
Paulette