Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Not Expected

I was given the blog address today of the wife of my friend who is back in the hospital with liver transplant complications. She is actually a cousin of mine, although I know her husband better than I know her. I decided to start at the beginning of her blog so that I could really see what was going on with him.

And suddenly I came across one of her entries that talked about my dad.

Wow. I wasn't expecting that. It gave me kind of an odd feeling to read about him through someone elses eyes. Then I found another entry again mentioning dad. Then there was another talking about coming to my dad's funeral.

I have to admit I had a few little cries.

2 comments:

no-one of consequence said...

I want to read it. can you point me to it?

Dory said...

Wow, I bet that was hard. One way to look at it: didn't it make you feel good that he had enough of an impact on someone OTHER than his family that she blogged about him? I think it's good that you got to read it - even if it startled you for a sec.

I enjoyed hearing others talk about my dad, little things he'd done for them, etc. at the funeral - even though most of the time I was boohoo'ing.