Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hope

It's still winter here. Snow depth varies from a few inches to hip high, depending on where you walk. I went to the grocery store this morning and saw some friends. They were in line ahead of me, so I happen to notice what they were buying.

Seeds.

Green beans, hollyhocks, allysum.

These people are master gardeners. If they are buying seeds, then spring must be just around the corner.

Either that, or they're making a seed mosaic to hang on their kitchen wall.

3 comments:

emiflute said...

If you visit my Grandma pitmas during the winter months, her garden is alive and thriving... indoors! She has growing lights set up in her basement where she grows duraniums from the seed of last years crop. It's impressive really. I sure hope spring will come soon too.

Lisa said...

My bet's on the mosiac...lol...

Becca said...

Spring can't come soon enough!