Monday, February 2, 2009

January's Blessings

I haven't done this for quite a while and kind of miss it. Here is my month's calendar for January.
January's Blessings
~A new Grandbaby - number 2 for me, both very precious. Grandchildren are so fun!
~The ability to take 2 art classes. My favorite perk of working for a University. I am repeating Digital Illustration, and can't believe it's the same class. So far there hasn't been anything the same. I feel like I'm going to have to take a year off to really learn everything that's being thrown at me, but it's all so fun! The other class is Creative Perspectives. You just can't go wrong in a class where the teacher keeps saying " just have fun with it."
~Mike quit working for the City. Normally losing a job would be a bad thing, but in this case I consider it a blessing.
~Finding a Great Deal! I went into a bookstore on Saturday and saw a table of Christmas stuff marked down 90%. There was a set of 3 Wise Men. Very cool lines. I loved them. I asked the clerk how much they were since they had no tag. He went to the computer and looked them up. Regularly $36.95 marked down to $3.70. I told him I thought I'd better take them then. He said, "Dang, I wish I'd looked them up before you got here." I love a good deal.
~A Co-Primary Chorister. I admit it. I was getting burned out doing 2 hours of Primary music every week, not to mention all the hours on Saturday getting ready for it. I felt blessed beyond measure when they called a second Chorister. We are taking every other month. I can't believe how much lighter my stress level was this past weekend because of not having to worry about the music.
~Good kids, warm house, food to eat, a job to work at. Life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! hi! just checking in with you!

Dory said...

I always love your calendar pages... so creative. I hope you save them - you could bind them all together in a book for your grandchildren to enjoy some day. :o)

Shannon said...

I too love these blessing pages. So wish I had some of your talent!

Becca said...

Life is good! Much better than the alternative, eh? ;-)