Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Plight of the Procrastinator

It was during the first week or so of December that the tv in my art studio stopped working. I work in my studio a lot.

A LOT!

I don't normally watch tv a lot, though.

When David and Emily came for Christmas my boys (David and Andy) camped out in my studio. They love taking it over because it has nice big tables, chairs, and a tv......usually.
It wasn't so fun for them without the tv, but they made do.

I kept trying to figure out what was wrong. The tv worked with dvds. All the other tv's worked with the satellite. It was just mine that wouldn't pick up the satellite signal. We kind of haphazardly tried to find someone to look at the receiver for my tv, but it's very difficult to find a Dish repair shop and everytime we called them we got someone in Taiwan or Indonesia or somewhere like that. We were just too cheap to have them come out and do a $29 service call to "fix the problem".

Finally Mike took matters into his own hands and made the arrangements to have them come.

This morning 2 very nice guys showed up, took one look at the problem, fixed the remote (that I probably messed up because I don't know what the heck I'm doing with all those buttons on the Dish Network remote and I could probably launch a nuclear weapon if I push the buttons in the right (wrong) sequence), and had me watching tv

in my studio

in 10 minutes flat.

3 comments:

Dory said...

lol lol lol That is sooo something I would do!

I'm glad it's working again and I sure hope you asked the guy to teach you the fancy trick to make it work again... next time. ;o)

Anonymous said...

hey! hi! just checking in with you!

Becca said...

My mother in law messes up the remotes all the time..glad that you got it fixed!