Saturday, September 13, 2008

Saturday

I survived my week.

I was so busy all week doing my job, the secretary's job, the student secretary's job, and starting 2 classes that came home exhausted at night. I'm hoping by Monday that I will not have to be doing the student secretary's job anymore. I really hope she's feeling better.

Abby has bee quite sick ever since she moved out. At first she said she felt sick to her stomach, then dizzy, then hot, then cold, then her throat hurt. I finally insisted she go to the doctor. She has a whopping case of Mono. Her throat is so closed off he told her to "go straight to the emergency room if it gets any worse". Through it all she hasn't missed a class and still went to work. Except last night and this morning. She is not working any more for a while until she feels better.

We brought her home for the weekend so that she could have more quiet and rest.

I went to my doc visit yesterday. I felt tired, but not sick, when I entered the waiting room. By the time they called me back however, I was starting to feel really ILL! They had a tv going in the corner that had little clips running about heart attacks, strokes, high cholestral, and on and on. As I sat there watching it the hypochondriac in me started imagining the worst!

My checkup went just as I expected. Everything looks good so far. I have to go in for more tests next week. It will be nice to get a clean bill of health. and if not that, it will be nice to be proactive and get things back under control.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gosh, you have your plate full! I hope you don't get mono, too. Poor Abby. The doc was right, she's a trooper for sticking to her responsibilities while she's been so sick. I'm glad she's calling it quits until she feels better.

Why don't you come here for dinner tonight? I'll whip you up something really good. Best thing is you won't have to cook it.

Love ya.

Unknown said...

Whatchoo do in Jackson?