Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Burns, not Mr.

This morning while I was at work I received a phone call from Joni. She was very upset. Burns came in and was torn up pretty badly. His eye was bulging and lacerated. His nose and lip were bleeding and he had a gash on his ear and head.

I told her to take him straight to the vet. They fixed him up pretty good. The swelling in his eye has gone done quite a bit, although he still can't close it. He doesn't really care, though, as he is in La-La-Land. His purring away on Abby's bed. He'll probably be a bit onory once the pain medicines wear off.

Oh the joys of pet ownership.

I was kind of funny when the vet called my cell phone to tell me that he was ready to go home.
" Mrs Mitchell, I took a look at Mr. Burns. No, not.... not.... oh yea it is. That's his name. What a minute, is it Burns or Mr. Burns? We have 2 of those. We're not sure which one that is. Anyway......."

Don't name 2 of your animals the same name. It just causes confusion.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, we know a bit about that. After remarrying, my married name is a mere 2 letters off from the boys. Talk about confusion! I hope Burns will be ok. Poor baby.

Abby said...

That makes me so sad. My poor kitty! And it's ok that we have retarded names for our cats. It just makes them that much more special.