Monday, September 22, 2008

Dang Government

Something is very wrong.
I don't often get on a political soapbox, but when I read this article in the newspaper I was pretty disgusted. This is the part that really got me.

Christie and Steve were divorced a few months ago and now live in separate households, enabling Christie to receive some state help with Jackson's medical costs. It was a heart-wrenching decision, as Christie and Steve are still very much in love.

A family had to break apart so that they could qualify for help?

So sad.

2 comments:

mumof3boyz said...

When hubby had his car accident and then we lost his insurance we considered the same situation. Fortunately we qualified for aid through the charity care program at our local hospital and the rest of his therapy and appointments were covered.

Unknown said...

It happens daily around here. It's very sad. I can't say that I wouldn't consider the very same thing. Sad. I know.