Monday, September 15, 2008

Art, Slides, Cemetery, and People Watching

My poor baby. Abby came home for the weekend and was babied properly. I made her some homemade potato soup. Very yummy, and slides down swollen throats pretty easily. She moved back into her apartment last night. This morning she called and told me she was out of pain medicine and her throat still hurt very badly. I told her to call the student health center and see if she could get some more. They wanted to see her. Bad news. She had not improved at all so they put in an IV and gave her 2 bags of saline and prednisone to bring the swelling down and hydrate her. Her mono has not been kind to her, but she still has a smile on her face. What a trooper.

Yesterday Mike took me to Jackson. I heard they were having a Fall Art Festival and I was feeling the need for a quick get-away. Joni decided to come with us. Abby wanted to stay home and rest (the best thing for her).

We had a ball. We were not in a hurry what-so-ever. Every time we saw something interesting we would stop. I took a lot of photos all day long. I was trying to complete my assignment for my photo class, but I also just took photos for fun.

At the top of the Teton Pass we stopped and went on a little hike. I hiked up the hill and took some shots of Mike and Joni below. Then I took a lot of shots for my class. You can visit my other blog if you'd like to see those. I'll be posting them tomorrow.
I did see a couple of little chipmonks through the hillside plants.






Once we got to the bottom of the pass on the Wyoming side we stopped at a river and took another little hike. Here's a couple of shots of that hike.





In Jackson we visited the park where the fair was underway. It was great.


For a long time Joni and I just sat and watched people. I had to get photos. There were so many interesting characters. Everything from cowboys to high society. I'm posting them here for your gawking pleasure.























Then we went to the Snow King Resort where Joni and Mike went up the mountain on the chair lift....


....and came down the mountain riding the Alpine slide.



Right next to the resort was the oddest cemetery that I've ever seen. The plots were terraced and fenced. There were a lot of wooden headstones and the whole thing was wild and unkempt.













After we got back to Idaho we saw a truck hauling one of our potatoes out of the field.


JUST KIDDING! Our spuds aren't really that big. That truck has been sitting beside the road with his fake tater for as long as I can remember.

We were almost home when I spotted these sunflowers. As they are my favorite flower, Mike stopped and let me go snap a bunch of photos.







It was an awesome day. I needed the break so badly. I can't believe how much better I felt today.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Hi Linda,
I think you were there later in the day than us. It seems more crowded in your photos. We didn't stick around too long. We needed to get going because we wanted to stop in Logan to see our son who's going to Utah State. We seem to hang around the same places. When you come with your family to Lagoon, my home is minutes away. Maybe we will cross paths eventually. I don't think I know what you look like. You are always on the other side of the camera. I'm glad you had a nice day in Jackson:)
Vickie

meg said...

So glad you got a break- sounds like a great day away!