Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mini Rant

I turned right falling in behind a small sedan. The car was moving abnormally slow. Two blocks down it slowed to a stop at an intersection. No stop sign there. The stop sign was for the driving going across our road.

I looked.

Sure enough. The driver was on a cell phone.

A few intersections later I pulled up to a stop sign. I was going to turn right, but a car was coming from the left very fast so I waited. Right before the car reached my intersection it quickly slowed down and turned before it got to me.

No turn signal. Just stomped on the brake and swerved around the corner.

Sure enough. Once again the driver was on a cell phone.

There ought to be a law.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

There is in California! :)

meg said...

We have one- but I lose count of the yo-yo's I see every day on my 7 mile commute :-(
btw: we do have a tv upstairs in the study (I don't allow them in the bedrooms- insomnia) but no cable up there- I get 2 1/2 channels :-P

Unknown said...

In Utah there is a law. It is actually one for talking on cell phones or eating or putting on make-up while driving. I guess there are many, many distractions. I hate drivers that drive talking on phones though, definitely the worst!