Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Explanations

Just to make things clear:
My hair stylist - Superwoman
Me - Not

Lurkers, I know you're there. I see you. No use hiding. I won't bite.

Now onto other items......

Yesterday Abby got her wisdom teeth out. She's a real trooper when it comes to all things medical. Doesn't necessarily enjoy them, but doesn't whine about it either. She had to have a heart procedure done on the one year anniversary of 9/11. That was kind of a creepy day for me. We had to drive to Salt Lake City to have the procedure done at the University of Utah Medical Center. We stayed in a motel the night before. I think it was a Marriott. Anyway we had to get up very early that morning to drive to the hospital. Our car was in an underground parking garage. There was a bag pipe playing Amazing Grace in the garage. It echoed and sounded eery and mournful. Then we went to the hospital and had to sit and wait while Abby was in surgery. The TV in the waiting room was showing a tribute to all the people who had died in 9/11. I remember them showing picture after picture and reading their names, and my baby was back there having her heart operated on. It was just kind of a surreal day.

And through it all Abby never complained, never acted like she was being picked on, and was just a model patient. Just like yesterday. Today her cheeks are a bit swollen, but she's doing well. It's a good thing to have behind her.

3 comments:

giggles said...

this Lurker says HI

mitchowl said...

Hi back. Glad you came out of the closet (so to speak)

meg said...

Sam had his out 4 weeks ago & did so well, I had to snatch food out of his hand by the next morning, saying- "You can't eat that yet!"