Sunday, August 17, 2008

Getting Ready for School

In answer to some of the inquiries about Andy posing for the camera......

Yes I had to bribe him. I promised him some playing time on his online game if he willingly got dressed nicely, went with me and Abby and did what we told him to do, including smiling and looking pleasant. He actually worked with us pretty well. I was proud of him.

Now, for the main event today........
Tomorrow is Mike's first day of school. Andy starts on Wednesday, but the teachers go tomorrow.

Years ago when Andy was in kindergarten he was so excited he layed out his clothes the night before. It was hilarious. We still laugh about how he did it. Tonight Mike layed out his clothes the same way. I had to capture the moment.



Notice the socks IN the shoes?



It's nice to see that Mike's excited about his first day of school.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

That is absolutely hysterical! Thanks for making me smile this morning! :)

Lisa said...

That's hilarious. I'll never forget Andy's clothes for kindergarten. The Mitchell men are definitely one of a kind!

Abby said...

I was so confused when I saw that! I totally thought you did it to be funny! Oh man, we are all so weird.

meg said...

That is too funny- both the clothes (looks like an alien abduction) & the fact you had to bribe Andy to pose (Sam is such a ham that I have to tell him to get out of the frame :-P)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'm afraid Shane will burn his clothes just to say he can't go. Michael, on the other hand, would PAY me to let him go if he had to. Funny. If I wasn't there to see them both come from my body, I'd never have believed it.

Lisa's right, though. You're guys are one of a kind.

That deleted comment is from me simply b/c I'm a a dork! 8-)