Monday, August 25, 2008

A Day to Myself.......

After I dropped the girls off at Lagoon I headed straight for the Layton Mall. When you're from Idaho you have to grab shopping opportunities when they arise. There are just not too many choices in Idaho. I cleaned out my closet a couple of weeks ago, so I knew exactly what I needed. My quest was on.

I felt like the muses were with me. One store after another I went into and found exactly what was on my list.

New jeans - check
Charcoal grey business pants suit - check
Denim skirt, long, straight, not flared - check

I was so happy with the way things went that I also picked up a very cool jacket, a beautiful sweater and 2 blouses that go fetchingly well with my new charcoal grey suit. I was a happy girl.

I looked at the clock and discovered I had almost 4 hours before picking up the girls so I headed to Salt Lake City and the Hoagle Zoo. I had one destination there......the elephants.

I love elephants. I was so happy to be going by myself to the Zoo so that I could just sit and watch the elephants as long as I wanted. I had my camera with me and got some shots. I also had my sketch book with me and did some drawing. I checked out a few other animals, too, but always came back to the elephants.









4 comments:

Tracie said...

sounds like a great day!

Unknown said...

Gosh......I wasn't invited :-(

meg said...

Oh, I am so envious~ sounds like a great day *sigh*

Becca said...

A very productive shopping trip if I do say so myself!

Did you hear that we had a new baby elephant here in Portland? Check out www.kgw.com! Cute little guy!