Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hats

Today in Primary I had them play a game of "Hats".
I had in front of the room a bunch of hats. I chose one child at a time. They came to the front of the room, chose a hat and then we had to sing the song that was inside the hat in the manner of the hat. For example:
Cowboy hat - like a cowboy
Tiara - opera style
Drum Major's hat - marching band
Hard hat - using tools
Ski hat - shivering and freezing
"Lion" hat - growing
Baby hat - like a lullaby
there were a couple of others.

All I can say is you've never lived until you've heard 40 kids sing "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree" opera-style.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like it worked well! I hope you know I'm now planning on using them for Primary next week!

Becca said...

Sounds like fun! Something I have never had the opportunity to experience!