Monday, June 1, 2009

May's Gifts



I am thankful for:
~That Abby's not a teenager anymore. Whew! What a hard time having a teenage daughter. I'm so glad I lived through it. (see comments below) (Of course I didn't forget you Abby, I wanted to see if anyone else caught it. Way to go Lisa. You win the prize.)
~Andy being ordained an Elder. He's a good young man and I'm proud that he's made such good choices so far.
~That Joni, Mike and I took a little road trip and saw some cool interesting things.
~I'm thankful that Joni was accepted into law school, and even though she made the decision to pursue an advanced nursing degree instead of law, it is very awesome that she had both avenues open to her.
~That mom's cataract surger was a success and she regained the sight in her eye. She was so relieved and happy to be able to get back to her favorite activity.
~That I was released from being the primary chorister. I had fun doing it, but was starting to feel drained and stressed. Now I look forward to new things.
~That Andy graduated from high school with honors. Like I said before, he's a good kid.
~That I was able to watch Andy golf in a tournament. Joni, Abby and I all followed him around 18 holes of golf and had a great day.
~That Grandma Mitchell was able to come for Andy's graduation. We were able to celebrate her 79th birthday while she was here.
~ That we had a fun night roasting marshmallows over a fire in our back yard. There's just something about gathering around a campfire with your family that builds some good lasting memories.

I can't wait to see what June will bring.

7 comments:

Abby said...

And I had a birthday somewhere in there...

Brenda B said...

Soooo glad your mom can see, again, and congrats on things going so well.

Lisa said...

Yes, aren't you grateful that Abby isn't a teenager anymore? What a terrible few years that was.....(just kidding Abby!)

Unknown said...

I am missing you and feeling like I'm lost.......

kent said...

You do have a lot to be thankful for! I hope you continue to have such wonderful memories in your future. We have a fire pit in our orchard and love to sit around a fire too. :) Kent

Abby said...

Thank you for not forgetting me!

Becca said...

What a great month May was for you! Let's see what June brings!