Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hearing A Silent Message

As I was driving into work this morning I found myself stuck behind 2 slow-moving vehicles. They were going 35 in a 50 mph zone. The first one was a farm truck pulling a trailer, the second one was a landscape truck full of trees and shrubs. It was a long stretch and I couldn't see anyone coming. Normally I wouldn't have thought twice about it and I'd have passed them both. For some reason,though, I just stayed back behind them, poking along at 35 miles per hour.

Suddenly up ahead a car came flying out of a residence's yard and came toward us. He didn't stop and check for traffic. He just flew out and sped down the road.

If I'd been in the middle of passing I would have hit him head on.

I love it when my guardian angel can actually get messages through my thick skull.

And I love it when I actually listen.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Good for you! The more you listen, the easier it will be to hear it next time!

Unknown said...

You know....You and I are kindred spirits. The more I get to know you the more I know it's true. Listen. You'll hear it. Just like Lisa said. With that being said, I'm going to smack David. Just because I can. I love you!

emiflute said...

I'm glad you listened and are still alive to tell us about it. I agree David needs a smack, but may I ask what for this time?

The Ritchies said...

We're glad you were kept safe. It's always preferable to look back and say "I'm glad I listened," instead of "I wish I had listened..."

oldfarmboy said...

I too am glad you listened. I have had similar experiences in my life. I regret that sometimes I haven't listened. I think that sometimes, when we listen and follow those feelings, we don't find out why, but it's gratifying to know we were willing to act anyway. Blessings to you! :) Kent