Thursday, April 30, 2009

April's Gifts




~ I passed a pretty hard perspective class. Even got an A-. Not bad considering I was sick sick sick the entire last week and handed my final in a week late.

~ We signed the papers for our house refinance, a good thing with much lower interest rates.

~ Mike bought me a MP3 so I could listen to books on tape while I walk. I love it.

~ I started another class and it's pretty easy. A lot of reading, but not too time consuming. I'm glad I like to read.

~ I was able to rototil part of my garden before it got snowy/rainy/cold again.

~ It's now too snowy/rainy/cold to go out and finish the rototilling.

~ Joni was accepted into law school. Now she just has to decide if that's what she wants to do.

~ Andy is still golfing with the high school golf team in spite of what his coach did to him. I'm just waiting to see if the school district will do anything about what happened, but small town experience has taught me that they will look the other way.

~ Abby did awesome on her first wedding photography job. I'm proud of her and know she'll be successful.

~ I'm able to take my mom to church with me. Since she can't see to drive right now she comes with us. It's kind of nice for both of us.

~ I went to a fun party and made bracelet watches. It was fun!

I'm looking forward to May. April was kind of tough. My cough is finally going away, not gone yet, but going. 3 weeks is long enough to cough your brains out. I'll probably be taking a few days off of work next week, so that should be kind of nice too. Well it will be nice until I get my reduced paycheck, but you can't have everything.

5 comments:

emiflute said...

Good to see/read this update... I'll try to return the favor soon on my blog. See you Saturday night. :D

Anonymous said...

Hey! Hi. Just checking in.

Brenda B said...

I'm also grateful to be done with April. Whew.

Hopefully, your cough leaves as fast as it came, and that the days you take off will be sunny and worth the cut in pay.

Tell your mom hi. We'd like to come see her sometime when things quiet down.

much love,
Brenda

ps I don't dare take the greek goddess quiz. I'm pretty sure Medusa is my only option.

Becca said...

April went by way too fast! I hope that May is a wonderful month!

oldfarmboy said...

I stop by all the time. I very much like reading of the life you live. I really liked the video with your daughter in it. I've been sick too, but am better also. I must have missed to one about your son and the golf thing. I hope it works out. Thanks for your continued support of my blog, not to many bother to comment anymore. Blessings to you. :) Kent