Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Fam


I was looking at some old family pictures and found this one. It's one of my favorites. It's a bit outdated now. The baby in Emily's arms was just a couple of weeks old then. He's 2 1/2 now and she and David have another baby boy who is 4 months old. Time flies.
Back row, left to right: Andy (graduating next week from high school), Joni (RN who is trying to decide whether or not to go to the law school she was accepted at), Abby (photo major, smart and funny girl) Bottom row: Lisa (professor, private music teacher, and doctoral student), me (Geology department office gopher), Mike (7th grade teacher, Youth community service coordinator and overseer, and city recreation gopher), Emily (teacher, flutist, mom of the 2 cutest kids ever born on the planet), Nathan (now a 2-year old cutie pie) and David (finishing up an EdU grad degree and dad of the 2 cutest kids ever born on the planet).

7 comments:

Lisa said...

What about my honey?!?

Abby said...

He's not in the picture. Why don't you actually blog something for once and tell about him yourself? ;)

emiflute said...

That was a stressful photo shoot. But they are good pics aside from that exasperated expression on my face.

mitchowl said...

Sorry Tyler. I actually thought about that about 10 minutes after I posted, but by then I was out in the garden wielding a rototiller and I didn't get back to change it. Yes, Tyler is definitely a member of the family and I forgot to mention that fact. So saw-we Tilow.

Becca said...

What a great photo! Love it! What a great memory to share. Tell the story about the stress, inquiring minds want to know..

Dory said...

What a great pic! It surprised me to read Emily say it was a stressful photo shoot b/c I don't think any of you have a "stressed" look on your face.

mitchowl said...

Yes that was an extremely stressful day. We had to find the studio, which was out in the middle of nowhere at the photographer's house. It was dark, we got lost, we had a fight. (that was just our car, there were two other carloads going too). With the baby, he would not stop crying. Emily tried to feed him before, but he decided he was still hungry and wouldn't stop crying. So yes, a bunch of us were pretty stressed out, still I love the picture.