Sunday, January 11, 2009

One Week down......

My first week of classes was pretty interesting. I know I went into this semester kind of dragging my feet. Not because I didn't want to learn but I just didn't know if I wanted to put myself through all the work. I think the extra work will be worth it. I'm excited about what I've learned already.
By tomorrow morning I need to turn in 20 thumbies (small drawings) of my ideal art studio. These all have to be done in 1 point perspective. It's been a good exercise. I can tell I'm getting better at perspective drawing already! Tomorrow in class we'll choose one of the 20 and do a blown up version. It's good to actually put graphite to paper and draw again.

My other class is digital illustration. Since I just took this class I kind of know what to expect. It's always surprising to me how 2 different teachers can teach the same subject so differently. I think I going to LOVE the way this teacher teaches it. No real homework. We're supposed to make a blog, ha ha, and familiarize ourselves with Illustration Friday. Since I already have an art blog (www.mitchowl.blogspot.com ) and I've been submitting things to Illustration Friday for a long time now it wasn't too hard to get prepared.

Day 6 of the Great Workout Challenge:
Mike - 3
Linda - 6
Joni - 7
Andy - 2.5

7 comments:

emiflute said...

Sounds like your off to a great start. And lol about the work out contest. Your prediction is coming true. You and Joni- the girls are winning. Way to be consistant!

Anonymous said...

hey! hi! just checking in with you!

mitchowl said...

Hey Anonymous. Thanks for checking in with me. It always puts a big smile on my face.

Becca said...

Hope that you have a great week. Many hugs!

Unknown said...

I know. I know. I just can't do Sci-Fi, girl. I can't do it.

Unknown said...

No. Can't do it. Nope. No Sci-Fi. I know I disappoint you. Nope. Can't do it. Sorry. I still love you, tho.

no-one of consequence said...

hey! hi! just checking in with you!