Thursday, January 19, 2017

Embracing My Age

My grandson, age 4, got ahold of my phone during lunch a couple of weeks ago.  He's a smart little thing and had opened the camera app before I knew it.  He promptly began documenting our outing and took many photos of unsuspecting lunch eaters sitting nearby.  He managed to get many rapid-fire shots, 30 at a time.  I didn't even know you could do that! I had some fun deleting all his photos, but there were a few that I saved.












In fascination I studied all the lines and creases.  When did those appear?  I don't see those when I look in the mirror in the morning. And my eye is really pretty small in relationship to my face.  Or maybe it's the nose that is pretty big.









And how come nobody told me I had a double chin?








Count the creases.  Holy smokes.  As an artist I can appreciate all the character this face exudes.

I guess I've earned all those creases.  I am almost 60 after all.







Little Lou-Lou.  So cute and spunky and fun.  Not a crease or line anywhere.

2 comments:

Abby said...

You posted!!! There's a song that says the lines on your face tell a story of who you are. So be proud of the lines! You've earned them! And you can't say anything bad about your nose because I have the same one. It's teaching us to be proud of our Haroldsen heritage!

Lisa said...

I am always surprised when I look at pictures of myself and see someone who's getting old. I think you are beautiful mama!