Thursday, March 11, 2010

Knitted Coziness

I never claimed to be a master knitter, like my mother. She can knit anything!
And she's fast!
And she doesn't even need to look at what she's doing!

I struggle. I have a hard time deciphering the patterns.

But lately I've really wanted to learn how to do it better.
I've knitted scarves.
Plain rectangles are not problem.

I wanted to do shaped things.
My biggest challenge is socks.
I really really wanted to knit a pair of socks.

I've knitted a half a sock about 6 times, and I always tear it all out after getting totally lost.

Then a couple of weeks ago I found this pattern. It was SO CUTE!!!

I paid for a download,
got the pdf,
bought my yarn,
and started knitting.

I know it's a beginner pattern.
But I'm so happy I was able to knit the whole thing!
And it even fit Oscar!



He likes to wear cozy sweaters when we get him groomed. It's still too cold for his blood here in Idaho.



Now maybe I'll tackle those socks again.

5 comments:

Abby said...

What a cutie pie! I love seeing my poopy in his cute little sweaters! He doesn't like being naked!

meg said...

Too cute!
Go for the socks~ they're easier than you think :-)

emiflute said...

I love it! The colors are perfect for him. Great work and great pictures of him as well. He could be a doggie model!

jackie said...

Hi,I was linked to your blog via Kristin Nicholas:-) I love the picture. I'm planning to try one for my ShihTzu who also gets the puppy cut ,easier to maintain. I'd like to know did you use superwash yarn or regular wool and what size needles.thanks,
Jackie in Upstate NY (still got snow here)

mitchowl said...

Since I really don't have a good yarn shop close by AND because I'm a novice knitter I used what I had. I kind of half planned on ripping it out when I got stuck anyway. ha ha.
The yarn I used, and I really liked it, was Vanna's Choice from Lion Brand Yarn. I used size 10 straight needs. size 9 circular, and size 9 double point.