Monday, August 10, 2009

I had big plans for this past weekend. There aren't too many summer weekends left. Our family was going to take a float trip down the river. I was going to babysit my 2 grandbabies while everyone else went. I wanted to set up tents in the back yard, have a camp fire, lots of good bonding time and fun.

It didn't turn out that way. Not at all.
No float trip - too cold
Alternate activity at the gym was a bust.
Andy and I set up the tents in gale force winds, determined to get them up.
Nobody (except one 2-year-old) set foot in them, but I did get a rip in one, courtesy of the wind.
No campfire. But that wasn't due to the wind. Saturday was actually pretty good in the weather department.

It wasn't the best weekend. Not at all.

The one bright spot was that I got to spend a bit of time with the babies. I love those guys so much. I get to see them on Wednesday also, while their mamma plays in the concert at the tabernacle.

I'm not making plans anymore. Everytime I do they fall apart. I need to just fly by the seat of my pants".

It reminds me of the weekend my parent's and siblings decided to have a family reunion. I'd just heard about another family reunion and all the fun activities they had. I decided to take one of those activities to mine. I showed up with all the equipment, visited for a while and then tried to get someone to come do the activity. Everyone just ignored me. I announced a few times that I had this awesome activity for anyone interested. No one was.

This last weekend felt a lot like that.

*sigh*

3 comments:

emiflute said...

David and I were bummed that the weather was such a disappointment. And no one seemed motivated to use the tents or fire pit. I was game, so sorry I didn't help make that happen. But please be assured that we enjoyed ourselves there. Everything happening was just out of your hands. I hate it when that happens to me too. See ya Wednesday.

Lisa said...

Sad! I hope you're still "not planning" on going to Lagoon at some point in the next month or so, because we sure want to.

emiflute said...

I'd love to come too! And then we could stop and see the elephant baby at the zoo. But we better not plan on it...