Sunday, June 10, 2012

Too Much Chicken on the Brain????

Sunday morning I decide to go to a chicken conference.  I tell Mike about it and he says he'll come too.  I get my rooster, Crow, and we head off for the conference.  We arrive at a well kept old time farm-stead.  The buildings are utilitarian and large.  As we stand in line with a moderately large group of bib-coveralled farmers with weathered faces I am holding Crow in my arms.  I notice there are other roosters off to the side, in another building.  I take Crow over and drop him off, telling him to go play with the other roosters.  We then sign into the conference and attend some classes. 

I realize that we need to get going back home so that I won't be late for church.  I go to collect Crow from the rooster nursery.  One of the farmer's daughters seems to be in charge of this and goes off to find Crow.  She is dressed really nice!  Like she is on her way to college or something, and she's really beautiful. I am astonished at how tall she is.  She brings Crow out to me and then gives me a hug as she is sad to see me leaving early. I hug her legs. Her hips are at the level of my head.  I think to myself two quick thoughts.  "Poor girl, she'll probably never get married." and "Wow, all that good farm nutrition really does make you grow better."

The other farmers realize that we are leaving and all come over and give us warm hugs and wishes for safe travel and thanking us for coming. 

And then I wake up.

6 comments:

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Wow. That is all.

Lisa said...

Okay, that other one was me, accidentally posting twice. Just so you don't think it was a psycho. Actually it was a psycho. Me. That is all for realsies.

emiflute said...

bwaaa ha ha ha! You had me goin there for a while- actually right up to the end. Funny funny!

Nancy said...

Going to a rooster conference before church was a clue for me. Ok. Chicken conference. Hugging legs is pretty normal for me at my height. Is that abnormal?

Andrea Gilcrist said...

It is going to be something funny kinda conference.
Equine vacations