Friday, January 27, 2012

Eggs-actly What I Meant

I'm in a pottery class. It's definitely a relaxed fun time with Abby and Lisa. We don't get a grade, we don't have any assignments, and we just do what we want.

The first week we were all just playing around with the clay, pinching it into pots and shapes, and I decided to make an egg. It took me quite a while to get it all smooth and egg-shaped, all hollowed out so that it wasn't too heavy, and flat on the bottom so it would stand.

I should have taken a picture of it at that stage, but I didn't. Sorry.

I told Lisa that I wanted to carve a design in it, but didn't know what to do. She suggested a paisley pattern, so I googled "paisley" from my phone and started carving.





It stands about 5 inches tall. I can't wait to get it fired. But then I've got a new problem. What kind of finish am I going to put on it? Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Abby said...

I think you should spray paint it gold! Just kitting, I have no idea. I always have that same problem so I usually just go to the glazing room and dunk my project in a random bucket. But that doesn't work out so well sometimes....

Lisa said...

You forgot to mention how fun it was when I crumpled my bowl on the crazy wheel.

I've got an idea for your egg- Glitter!!!!